Wednesday, November 17, 2010

IF YOU HAVE AN OVER-ACTIVE IMAGINATION...

DONT watch Gangland and then venture out into San Antonio...

So last night me and JR are watching Gangland, you know the documentary series of all things gang-like and scary.  Anyhow, today i am out and about running some errands for JR, cause i am a super great girlfriend and i do nice stuff like that for him since i have days off during the week ... i notice that there is some traffic on the highway so i decide to stick to the access road.  Totally normal train of thought.  Right.  Only now the access road has created an uncomfortably obtuse angle with the highway, and is forcing me in a direction that is clearly not the shortest rout back home; also, its no longer called the "access road", it actually has a name now, Enter Gangland At Your Own Risk Dr. I mean W. San Jose Ave.  Now this has happened to me several times before since i have been residing in San Antonio, however this is the first time it has happened since i had a little lesson from the Gangland Documentary on what gang tag really means ...

Please Note: You do not want to know what gang tag really means, and you for sure don't want to see it in real life right on the house to the left of you, just a mere 20 ft away.

According to the Gangland Documentary we watched last night, gangs are a very racist people, and also according to what i leaned about gang tag last night, i was driving around in some very serious hispanic gangland territory.   There were double 13's and arrows all over the place (double 13's have something to do with the mexican prison gang called the Mexican Mafia, 'M' is the 13th letter in the alphabet and so there are 2 of them hence the double 13's ... anyways its all very intense stuff), there were even road blocks so that you couldn't go all the way down certain streets.

The look on my face must have been a classic, i am literally just waiting for some gang lord to spot my little silver eclipse with all the 'KEEP AUSTIN WEIRD' and 'Peace: Back by popular demand' etc. bumper stickers on the back of it, and pull me from my car, discover that a white girl is perusing his streets and then god knows what he will do ... in my mind there was gang rape and murder involved ... at this point i am wondering just how much positive leverage my hispanic boyfriend might be, it was his errands i was running remember?  If not for my returning his Apple TV, i would have never accidentally ventured into the 12th Ward ...

This is what i reverted to this afternoon. 


With every turn i feel like i am walking the plank ... i grab my phone  thinking i can mapquest my way out of this situation, but unfortunately mapquest didnt recognize the corner of "Oh f&$#" and "Holy $#&!"  Some how i manage to make enough right hand turns to find my way back to a highway again, Hallelujah, and praise the lord ...

Now i am wondering just how serious Jesus was taking me when i promised that i would stop being judgmental if he would just get me out of there ...

No comments:

Post a Comment